When I met Kumar about a decade ago, he introduced me to the unique world of men's fashion. That initial arousal of my interest in this sub-discipline has grown and has been held ever since. Well, at the very least, I've been "sensitized" to it and can now spot (and smell!) a faux-pas from a mile away! And now, Kumar and myself are forming a dynamic duo (of sorts!) and together, we're endeavoring, to gently nudge and guide men, on to the path of sartorial "enlightenment."

Monday, August 15, 2011

Week Forty-two: It's All in the Details, Part two




As a parent of young children, sleeping in is a luxury I truly miss, and I know that I'm in good company when I say that chronic sleep deprivation is kinda like the story of my life, and yet somehow, on some Saturday mornings, I still manage to catch a couple of extra zzz's, so much so that by the time, I like, come to, Kumar had already left for work. Other times I'll wake up just as he's stepping out the door and I'll just lazily call out of bed to bid him goodbye. Last Saturday, though, I woke up a few moments earlier than usual, this time as Kumee was getting dressed. "Is that one of the white shirts I had ironed last night"? I asked, proud of my handiwork. But with my mental faculty still fogged up and my eyelids heavy with sleep, I just couldn't tell. "It's the purple one" Kumee replied. Upon closer scrutiny, yes, it
*was* the purple one, or at least the one that *had* purple threads woven along and across the length of the fabric.

It really is "all in the detail." I love how Kumee built on the purple by accesorizing his grey suit with a pocket square of the same lilac-y shade, and finally slipping on a wonderfully complementary brown belt and pair of dress shoes. Purple, grey and brown is definitely my ultimate favorite color combination that has been around for a couple of seasons running now & has been enjoying much popularity, and it's quite plain to see why...

No comments:

Post a Comment