When I met Kumar about a decade ago, he introduced me to the unique world of men's fashion. That initial arousal of my interest in this sub-discipline has grown and has been held ever since. Well, at the very least, I've been "sensitized" to it and can now spot (and smell!) a faux-pas from a mile away! And now, Kumar and myself are forming a dynamic duo (of sorts!) and together, we're endeavoring, to gently nudge and guide men, on to the path of sartorial "enlightenment."

Saturday, August 6, 2011

Week Forty-one: It's All in the Details!





It's all in the details (you've got that right, brother!)- they are what elevate things above mediocrity & the rut of being plain ordinary. Just like the contrasting polka dot fabric of this collar base (yes, I know my shirt anatomy - a fact that Kumee thinks is wildly sexy, lol!) & chunky buttons - things that earn it the right to be affixed with the Eton tag and all that it stands for. Of course, their shirts' fabric is a major characteristic. Their red ribbon label (notice actual red ribbon piping) feature shirts made of super 150 and up (thread-count) material which are virtually crease-resistant (but I still iron anyway, just because I'm a bit anal that way).

Aptly renamed after the exclusive Eton College, because its original Swedish name was way too much of a mouthful for the average Savile Row bloke (or any non-Scandinavian for that matter!), these shirts are truly special and exclusive. They're just one of the many things Swedish like Ikea, H&M, Roxette and Stieg Larsson among others, that make Sweden what has got to be one of my favorite places!

No comments:

Post a Comment