When I met Kumar about a decade ago, he introduced me to the unique world of men's fashion. That initial arousal of my interest in this sub-discipline has grown and has been held ever since. Well, at the very least, I've been "sensitized" to it and can now spot (and smell!) a faux-pas from a mile away! And now, Kumar and myself are forming a dynamic duo (of sorts!) and together, we're endeavoring, to gently nudge and guide men, on to the path of sartorial "enlightenment."

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Week Twenty-seven: Pink!

Last Tuesday found Kumar on one of those rare occasions where he couldn't decide on what to wear to a business dinner. The weather being seasonally mild but bound to drop as the evening progressed just compounded his dilemma. Kumee finally chose to wear his eleven-ounce navy blue cords suit, navy being a year-round color, the cords still perfect for this time of year, but definitely too heavy after April-ish, and his new pink Eton shirt. Ah, the pink shirt: while the metrosexual will wear one without a moment's hesitation and with much sartorial aplomb, I don't think there's anything else that's the object of so much scoff from the professed "machosexual" and if I were to be completely honest, that shirt does remind me of my binky blankie from when I was Jaden's age with it's fine gingham pattern, and yet it's darn inarguably handsome:

No comments:

Post a Comment