When I met Kumar about a decade ago, he introduced me to the unique world of men's fashion. That initial arousal of my interest in this sub-discipline has grown and has been held ever since. Well, at the very least, I've been "sensitized" to it and can now spot (and smell!) a faux-pas from a mile away! And now, Kumar and myself are forming a dynamic duo (of sorts!) and together, we're endeavoring, to gently nudge and guide men, on to the path of sartorial "enlightenment."

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Week Twenty-eight: More Fancy-Smancy (Men's!) Hosiery

So, nope, I wasn't exaggerating, not at all, when I said that Kumar would totally wear some bold socks like the ones in Deb's pic from the previous post...ok, these ones may be a lot "quieter" (as opposed to loud!) and are an otherwise boring pair of beige socks if not for the canary yellow heels and hotrod (my adjective!) orange toes!!! So I wasn't going crazy after all when I had thought that I had seen a flash of yellow...and yes, that's exactly how short these pants of Kumee's are for them to have been visible: if one of our friends has become addicted to having his suits taken in to be snugger and snugger (literally "within an inch of it's life" for one of them at one point before it went rrrriiipppp!!!!), Kumee seems to have developed a thing, too, for receding hems and doing without pant breaks. Will men's pant lengths be the new basis for predicting stock market prices according to the hemline theory???

No comments:

Post a Comment