When I met Kumar about a decade ago, he introduced me to the unique world of men's fashion. That initial arousal of my interest in this sub-discipline has grown and has been held ever since. Well, at the very least, I've been "sensitized" to it and can now spot (and smell!) a faux-pas from a mile away! And now, Kumar and myself are forming a dynamic duo (of sorts!) and together, we're endeavoring, to gently nudge and guide men, on to the path of sartorial "enlightenment."

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Week Thirteen: B-O-L-D Pinstripes!

As much as organized crime is glorified in the world of entertainment and has had a long-standing love-affair with Hollywood (or actually, more the other way around, that is!) Kumar doesn't condone gun-running nor agree with money laundering and doesn't necessarily identify with mobsters, Sri Lankan or otherwise lol, but here's what we like to call his Boss "gangster" suit. Nope, definitely not for the conservative set nor the faint of heart! And even for those daring enough to wear such bold pinstripes, the tendency is to balance it out or tone it down with a solid colored shirt, and a plain or very subtle tie and maybe a neatly folded white cotton pocket square. Kumar though, likes to play it up even more and bring it up a notch with contrasting yet complementing prints, textures and colors as illustrated in this picture: fine (pink!) gingham Boss shirt, the latest addition of course, if you recall, to his tie hoard from last post lol, pink and purple paisley pocket square, and yes, pink and purple Marcoliani socks, brown Cole Haan brogues:



Shirttails: how fitting, forgive the pun! Shout out to Rach for being my sole publicly-declared blog follower lol and not abandoning me for not wanting to be my, uh, only follower! lol and to those who pay frequent visits, namely the Siocson ladies, (yes I periodically check that nifty little Feedjit tool I have, haha sneaky me!) and more recently, the Zappavignas, Miriam, I think it's you (Quintana Roo/Puerto Vallarta???) and James and everybody else - family, dear friends, fb friends who buckle to my shameless self-promotion and those who stumble across this through Blogger and stay long enough to actually read on! @ James send me your most flattering picture and I'll feature you here! And one more thing, you guys don't have to be such commentophobes - I would love to hear from you, too! Thanks for passing by!
xoxo
A

1 comment: